8 registered users
in last 24 hours
]po[ Version 3.4
Installers for Windows and various Linux Flavors:
With version V3.4, ]po[ fully supports Windows as a production environment. Also, specific installers are now available for RHEL5/CentOS 5, Ubuntu and Debian.
- New GUI:
We have completely restructured the GUI based on CSS "skins", replacing the previous table-based layout.
- New Localization Languages:
The ]project-open[ GUI is now available translated into Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
- Context Help & ]po[ Documentation Wiki:
We have created a documentation Wiki at http://www.project-open.org/documentation/ and added context sensitive help to this wiki for:
- All "Admin" pages - effectively implementing context help for ]po[ configuring.
- All categories - explaining the meaning of important type and stati of all important object types.
- All performance indicators - describing the precise meaning of each indicator.
- Performance Improvements for large Organizations:
We have implemented performance optimizations to improve performance for organizations with >1000 users: Caching mechanisms (speedup x3 on a number of frequently used pages), SQL optimizations (speedup x10 on some reports, x2 speedups on other pages) and improved support for parallelization on multi-core processors).
A new generic audit package makes it possible to track modifications to all important business objects in the system, implementing requirements for a number of security and compliance regulations. The package is available as a commercial enterprise add-on and is not part of the main distribution.
- Helpdesk / ITSM Service Desk:
The new helpdesk package implements tickets and ticket queues. You can assign Petri-Net Workflows per ticket type. The helpdesk package is suitable for all business types, even though our default configuration will implement an ITSM Service Desk.
- ITSM Configuration Management/Database:
The new "Configuration Database" is capable of maintaining IT and other inventories. A first integration with OCS Inventory NG is available.
- ITSM Release Management:
Release management allows company to track changes in their software according to Basel II and SOX regulations.
- CVS & Host Version Control Integration
A first integration is available with CVS and Host version management systems. The CVS integration is capable to close tickets in the helpdesk.
- RFQ/RFA Module:
This new package allows for generic Request for Quotation, Request for Availability and Reverse Auction type of auctions.
- Integration of Dynamic Workflow:
The Petri-Net Workflow was already part of V3.2. In V3.4 we have extended the number of objects to which you can attach a workflow and we provide default workflows for budgets, projects, absences and timesheets.
- New Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
KPIs already exist as graphical widgets on top of the data-warehouse. We now are going to add a range of frequently used financial and timesheet indicators.
- Dynamic Workflows:
The ]po[ Petri-Net Workflow was already part of V3.2, including its graphical editor. In V3.4 we have now extended the number of objects to which you can attach a workflow, and this version includes default workflows for budgets, projects, absences and timesheets.
Minor Improvement and Bug Fixes
We have added a number of reports and data-warehouse cubes.
Timesheet Invoicing Wizard:
The improved functionality now supports non-billable materials (type of service) and keeps track of unbilled hours in the current invoicing period and before.
Improved Invoicing Screens:
A new AJAX functionality allows for comfortable changing of invoicing offices and contacts when changing the customer.
Financial Documents List Page:
Pagination on this screen now improves performance.
- 150 bug fixes and minor improvements:
V3.4 includes more the 150 bug fixes and minor improvements.
V3.4 Version History
- v3_4_1_0_8 (2009-12): Improvements OpenOffice Templates, Timesheet controlling and invoicing by "day", Vacation Balance
- v3_4_1_0_7 (2010-09-28): More REST stuff, fixing "Report this Error" issues
- v3_4_0_8_9 (2010-04-01): First release of the REST interface
- v3_4_0_8_1: First bug fixes for V3.4
- v3-4-0-8-0 (2009-11-01): Initial release of V3.4.
- v3-4-0-8-0 (2009-12-01): Improvements from a large consulting company rollout:
- Invoices: Integration with Open Office - OOoo documents can now be used as templates.
- Absences: Added a new GUI now showing a calendar with planned absences, and added absences for groups effectively implementing bank holidays for the entire company of offices.
- Timesheet tracking/invoicing: Added timesheet tracking per "day" as a Unit of measure, instead of only tracking per "hour". The timesheet includes a configurable converter from hours into days.
- v3-4-0-8-0 (2010-01-15): Minor bug fixes, before branching to b3-4-0-patches.
- b3-4-0-patches (2010-01-18): Opened up a new branch for maintenance of V3.4 installations.