1 registered user
in last 24 hours
A package is a unit of code that can be installed or uninstalled via the package manager.
A package usually implements one or more business processes by defining business objects, Web pages, workflows and other objects. You can configure packages via the configuration system.
Package are usually (except some closed source packages) available via [download] or CVS code repository checkout. Packages are grouped by function:
The following packages form the core of the ]project-open[ application.
The following packages implement the [[en:module_finance|]po[ Finance Module]] including a variety of types of financial items and the workflows around them.
- project-open Finance Core - financial items and cost centers. This package lays the ground for financial management in ]po[.
- Project-Open Financial Core - financial items and cost centers.
- Exchange-Rates - provides exchange-rate services for the rest of the financial module.
- Expenses - track employee expenditures on travel, client meetings, office supplies, etc.
- Expense Workflow - provides a number of predefined workflows for the autorization of expenses.
- Invoices - create and track invoices, format them as HTML and send them to customers.
- Payments - track all incoming/outgoing monetary transactions and associate them with financial items.
- Finance Core Extension - not open-source and only useful for large companies with a group structure: This module allows to restrict access to financial items per cost center. Permission rules allows to selectively delegate the responsibility for creating financial documents, while allowing for central control.
]project-open[ Timesheet Management
These packages implement Timesheet Management as the base for [project controlling process].
]project-open[ ITSM (Information Technology Services Management)
The following packages implement ITIL based management of IT infrastructures:
]project-open[ Reporting & Business Intelligence
]project-open[ Translation Management
]project-open[ Human Resources
]project-open[ Collaboration & Knowledge Management
These packages implement collaboration functionality known from "Content and Community" platforms for knowledge management withing the enterprise.
- Calendar - a shared project calendar to manage meetings, deadlines etc.
- Project-Open Calendar - ]project-open[ integration with Calendar
- [Content Management System]
The following packages are part of the OpenACS platform. OpenACS provides the development and execution environment for ]project-open[, including functionality such as user management, permissions and security, GUI libraries etc.